Making Many Memories

Everyday we are Making Many Memories that we will treasure forever.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Time 4 Learning Review/Egg Hunt

Now that Nevaeh is 3 1/2 I have decided that I really need to start working with her on school work. One of the problems of having older children and then starting over again is that there seems to be even less time in the day to work with her. I am either trying to help Joshua with his school work, or I am driving Jared and Jacob around town.

So I decided to give Time 4 Learning a try. It is something that Nevaeh and I can do together before nap time. We curl up on the bed together and just log in on my laptop. She enjoys interacting with the animated characters and I am grateful to not have to come up with something creative to do.

Some of the activities that we have done include having a book read to her and then answering questions to see if she understood the story; working on recognizing patterns and matching games. The program also has a playground of just silly games you can play once you have completed your lessons for the day; but Nevaeh is really not interested in them and she enjoys just doing the lessons.

I wish that they had worksheet for me to print off that went along with the lessons though. One of the things that we need to work on is Nevaeh's fine motor skills. Unfortunately, the worksheets are not introduced until they start doing 1st grade work.

I signed up because the were offering a $4.99 introduction price. It normally cost $19.99 a month and I am not sure I think it is worth it for the preschool level. They do offer a lot more for older children and maybe that price would be worth it if she was doing more than 15 minutes a day of work and it include worksheets to be printed off.

I do have my oldest son, Joshua, signed up for Time 4 Writing and we love using that program. I hate having to assign writing assignments and I especially hate having to grade them, so this is a great program for us. He logs into the computer daily and has assignments to complete. Then once a week he has a written paper to turn into an on-line teacher who gives him feedback about what he needs to improve on.

If you are struggling to teach your child how to write,I highly recommend the Time 4 Writing program. I would like to be able to say that I recommend the other program for preschool age students but the cost seems a little much to me for their age. If you have school age children that you would like to keep busy during the summer I would give the $4.99 trial a go and see how they like it. It might be a good way to keep them from saying "Mom, I'm bored" and help you keep your sanity during the summer.

http://www.time4learning.com


http://time4writing.com


Time4Learning is an online education program that can be used as a homeschooling curriculum, an afterschool tutorial or for summer learning. As a member, I've been given the opportunity to share my experiences. The content in this review was not written by Time4Learning. While I was compensated, the opinion is entirely my own.



Nevaeh and I went to an egg hunt today put on by one of the ladies in our church. They meet weekly for a little preschool group but Nevaeh doesn't do well learning in a larger group setting so we only go to the parties. She wasn't really interested in participating in the games or craft. She was more interested in hunting for eggs and getting candy.




Thinking about sharing candy with her doll



Snack Time




I finally got her to sit still long enough to take a picture with her new doll.
She had the doll with blonde hair that was given to her by her social worker
but when I saw this one with her golden brown hair I just had to get it.
Of course, Nevaeh really could have cared less. She was more interest in 
getting candy and running around. I on the other hand really enjoy finding
matching outfits and bows for both of them. 

1 comment:

Wanda Jean Wach said...

I love how "girlie-girl" you dress Nevaeh! Adorable photos!