Making Many Memories

Everyday we are Making Many Memories that we will treasure forever.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Lake Powell at Last

We woke up this morning, had breakfast (I guess you can call it that) and were on our way. We were suppose to be at the dock to check in by 10:30 a.m. but were running just a little late. That seems to be normal for our vacations. I stood in line at the check-in counter for about 20 minutes but at least it was cool inside. I felt bad about leaving everyone else outside waiting with the cars because it was so hot.

We started loading up the boat around 11:30 a.m. Luckily they had a motorized cart to help get stuff from our cars. It's funny to see how different families pack for vacation. I told my family they could each bring 2 swimsuits, 2 rash guards, 2 pair of PJs, 4 pairs of underwear, one outfit to wear there and one to wear on the way home. Our only shoes were flip flops and I purchased an extra pair for everyone in case one pair was misplaced on vacation. So all of that fit in two suitcases. We also brought 2 beach towels per person and that took up most of our luggage space.

Steve drove the houseboat to our first spot. It was only about 45 minutes from the dock. It is a nice sandy beach and we were all ready to get off and get in the water. The boys really enjoyed the slide that is connected to the houseboat. It's a little cloudy out right now and I'm hoping it doesn't rain tonight because a lot of our group is sleeping upstairs. I'm going to bed now because the heat has really worn me out.



Looks like a storms a brewin.

I don't think she's too sure about this whole water thing yet.

No comments: