Making Many Memories

Everyday we are Making Many Memories that we will treasure forever.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Finding Forever Families Fridays - I Just Haven't Met You Yet



Today's Finding Forever Families Fridays
is a video I put together of many 
of the children that are listed on Reece's Rainbow.

These children are all children with special needs. 
Most of them either have Down Syndrome or HIV.
Some of them have other physical or mental ailments.
But all of them will end up in Institutions if not adopted. 
More information can be found at

Soon after we finalized Nevaeh's adoption
I went to the San Diego Fair with a friend to 
try and educate people about adoption.

While we were in the car
we heard this song by Michael Buble.
My friend commented that it reminded her of adoption.
I had only heard it a few times before
but had never thought of it that way.

As you watch the video below
think about if one of these children are yours
and you just haven't meet them yet!



I'm not surprised, not everything lasts
I've broken my heart so many times, I stopped keeping track
Talk myself in, I talk myself out
I get all worked up, then I let myself down

I tried so very hard not to lose it
I came up with a million excuses
I thought, I thought of every possibility

And I know someday that it'll all turn out
You'll make me work, so we can work to work it out
And I promise you, kid, that I give so much more than I get
I just haven't met you yet!

I might have to wait, I'll never give up
I guess it's half timing, and the other half's luck
Wherever you are, whenever it's right
You'll come out of nowhere and into my life

And I know that we can be so amazing
And, baby, your love is gonna change me
And now I can see every possibility

And somehow I know that it'll all turn out
You'll make me work, so we can work to work it out
And I promise you, kid, I give so much more than I get
I just haven't met you yet

2 comments:

Penelope said...

What a sad situation for these children! Sadly, my DH and I are over the age limit for international adoption.

Katrina said...

The region we are looking at allows you to be 60 and a there are a lot of regions that allow the same thing. Some want you to only be 45 years older than the child. The money factor is another problem though. So if after your adoption is finalized shoot me an email and we'll talk :)