Making Many Memories

Everyday we are Making Many Memories that we will treasure forever.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

So I told my husband the other night that I think I am an amazing woman. I know at first this may sound like a joke. Who would actually brag about such a thing unless you were kidding? The thing is that I know a lot of amazing women who don't realize they are amazing. We think of amazing women as those we here about on the news or interviewed by Oprah. But I know women in my life who do amazing things everyday.

So why am I amazing? Is it news worthy? Maybe not to Oprah but to me it is. Why should I only look up to everyone else thinking that they are amazing and that what I do isn't good enough? Have I been burned in a plane crash and write an inspirational blog? No. Have I overcome some debilitating disease? No. Do I have a career that saves people's lives? No. But I took the time to save one starfish in the sea. I put my heart out on the line and took the risk of loving someone else's child while they tried to get their life back on track. I am a loving wife and dedicate mother. I am amazed that I made it through the last year of my life as well as I did.

So this post is for all the women in my life who forget to realize they are amazing. Why? Because you are a daughter of a Heavenly King. Because you are compassionate, understanding and helpful. Because you have your own trials that your are going through yet somehow manage to think that everyone else's must be so much more difficult. And because you are my friend and find ways to lift me up and make me smile when I am not sure I can make it through another day. You truly are amazing just the way you are.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

You are right! You are amazing!!!