Making Many Memories

Everyday we are Making Many Memories that we will treasure forever.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

2 years, 4 months and 9 days



Wow. So today we finally got the call that told us when we could go to court and finalize our adoption. I was beginning to think this day would never come. Between furlow days, State holidays and sick workers, I wasn't sure anyone was working at the adoption part of the court house any more. So 2 years, 4 months and 9 days from the day Nevaeh was placed with us we will finally be finalizing her adoption.

We were told that the day would be either the 15th of April or the 27th of April. So imagine our surprise today when I received the phone call and the social worker said the 22nd of April. We had been eager to get the date because Steve was offered a new position at work and he needed to make travel arrangements. After he heard the date was either the 15th or the 27th he made arrangements to go to Maryland the week of the 19th. So much for trying to plan his trip around the adoption date.

I had been hoping that they would call and say the 30th since that is my birthday and so far every big day in Nevaeh's life has happened on someone in my family's birthday. She was placed on December 13th (my sister Mary's birthday). She was born on September 26th (my son Jared's birthday). Her sister was born on April 6th (my dad's birthday). I figured our birthday run was over. So this morning I was amazed that she will now be adopted on April 22nd (my brother Tim's birthday).

I was on my way out the door to have her pictures taken this morning to celebrate her upcoming adoption. I can't believe our long roller coaster ride is coming to an end. Whatever will I do with my emotions without all the drama in my life-Take a well deserved break and just enjoy the calm for a while.





You are my Sunshine, my only Sunshine, You make me happy when skies are gray. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my Sunshine away.

No comments: